Friday, March 23, 2007

Inspirations

I've been inspired lately by the blogs of Will Richardson, Dave Jakes and Ryan Bretag. After observing the Educational Blogosphere for some time, dabbling in blogging here and there, and now having a challenging and insightful "partner in crime" in Ryan, I find myself itching to speak. I have never been one to journal professionally or personally and certainly not one air my thoughts for the world to see but, and I know this is painfully obvious, once you immerse yourself in this community you can't help but want to join in.

Here I am, a perfect example of a "non-writer" anxious to write. And for whom? Primarily me. I was struck this morning by David Warlick's post about the fact that, even though our posts are public, we are often "laying trails" for ourselves. My challenge lately has been to examine my own professional development and growth. The urge to write very much stems from the need to see where I've been, where I'm going and how I got there.

1 comment:

Ryan Bretag said...

I have no doubt that your voice through your blog will touch many that are just beginning in the world of educational technology as well as those that have been in the field for years.

As someone that has selfishly had your voice to myself for this past academic year, I can speak on the powerful insights you have in this field and I look forward to the rest of our community gaining as much as I have from you!

Ryan