Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Taste of NECC 2007

Well, I'm following along with some of my fellow edubloggers and posting just a few items from my NECC 2007 schedule. Here are just a few highlights. (And I thought I'd toss this question out there: Tom March, where are you?? Apparently the March sessions have been cancelled....won't feel like a NECC to me without him....)

Refreshed NETS•S Release!
Lynn Nolan, ISTE with Don Knezek Monday
I'm curious to see what changes, improvements, adjustments are included in the new NETS.

Sowing the Seeds for a More Creative Society
Mitchel Resnick, MIT Media Lab
I was listening to a presentation of Resnick's recently and found him very interesting...thought I'd go see him in person.

New Tools, New Schools: Starting the Conversation about Web 2.0
Gwen Solomon, TechLearning.com with Timothy Magner, Will Richardson, Lynne Schrum and David Warlick
Always interested in conversations held by the TechLearning team!

ESL, iPods, and Student Learning
Johnna Paraiso Torok, Rutherford County Schools with Dorothy Valcarcel Craig, Brandi Nunnery and Johnna Paraiso Torok
Looking for ways to help out our ELL students and teachers.

Standards for Us! Building Technology Facilitators and Leaders
Jo Williamson, Kennesaw State University with Traci Redish
I need to make sure "my own house" is cleaned up before I start preachin'!!

Staggeringly Good Things Integrating Media and Google Earth
Hall Davidson, Discovery Tuesday, 6/26/2007, 11:00am–12:00pm; GWCC Murphy 1
I really want to see Google Earth usage be not just "so cool" but meaningful. I always learn something in a Davidson session and, frankly, he's just darn entertaining!

Contemporary Literacy in the New Information Landscape
David Warlick, The Landmark Project
I've been intrigued reading Warlick's posts about changing nature of information.

Volunteer Shift: Ask Me Stations
Lisa Meinhard Sly, attendee
About time I gave something back!! I'll be in an Ask Me t-shirt from 7:00-10:00 Tuesday morning!

No comments: